Master 2 in Systems & Synthetic Biology
Aims of mSSB
The vigorous development of Systems and Synthetic Biology constitutes a huge challenge that must be met both from the research and education perspectives. mSSB represents the first step towards nurturing a new brand of researchers and engineers to face up to the challenge.
|The aim of mSSB is to provide students from the Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physical and Computer Sciences a mean to fruitfully engage in collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries, with applications in Systems and Synthetic Biology. Students undertaking the course will gain hands-on experience in experimental Biology, modelling and designing. They will also enhance transversal capacities including planning a project, giving a seminar, writing and defending a scientific report, interacting with a community, perceiving the industrial, economical and ethical issues associated with these developing fields.|
Added values of mSSB
- A+ appreciation by AERES (French quality assurance evaluation agency)
- The first Master 2 in France teaching Synthetic Biology.
- Partnership with École Centrale Paris, AgroParis Tech, Telecom SudParis and SupBiotech
- Scientific environment:
- Paris region, the first European R&D concentration;
- Genopole® of Evry, the leading French Biopark, with 20 academic laboratories and 69 biotech companies;
- Excellent research facilities offered on-site.
- World-class research training laboratories.
- Limited number of stipends offered to foreign students.
- First row seat in the international Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) competition (MIT, USA).