Master 2 in Systems & Synthetic Biology
Aims of mSSB
The vigorous development of Systems and Synthetic Biology constitutes a huge challenge that must be met both from the research and education perspectives. mSSB represents the first step towards nurturing a new brand of researchers and engineers to face up to the challenge.
The aim of mSSB is to provide students from the Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physical and Computer Sciences a mean to fruitfully engage in collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries, with applications in Systems and Synthetic Biology. Students undertaking the course will gain hands-on experience in experimental Biology, modelling and designing. They will also enhance transversal capacities including planning a project, giving a seminar, writing and defending a scientific report, interacting with a community, perceiving the industrial, economical and ethical issues associated with these developing fields.
Please see the mSSB flyer.
Added values of mSSB
- Paris region, the first European R&D concentration;
- Genopole® of Evry, the leading French Biopark, with 21 academic laboratories and 71 biotech companies;
- Excellent research facilities offered on-site.
mSSB is part of
- Master’s degree in Genome and Organisms Sciences of University of Evry-val-d’Essonne
- Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences of École Centrale Paris
- Master’s degree in Life and Environmental Sciences and Technologies of AgroParisTech
- 3rd year Advanced studies curriculum of Telecom SudParis
- 5th year Fundamental research curriculum of Sup’Biotech
Starting September 2015, mSSB will be a Master degree of the University Paris-Saclay.